Recipe by Member #610488
This recipe is from the files of Riserva di Fizzano and the Rocca delle Macie Winery – Olive Garden’s Italian Partners.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon yellow onion, minced
- 1 lemon, sliced thinly
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut 1 inch off of the bottom of the asparagus. Discard. Heat pan over medium heat. Add extra virgin olive oil. Add onion and cook for approximately 3 minutes or until onion starts to soften.
- Place the remaining ingredients in a saucepan, except lemons. Squeeze quartered lemons into same saucepan and place lemon in as well. Fill pan with enough water to cover the asparagus half way and cover.
- Cook at medium to high heat until the asparagus is bright green and tender (2-3 minutes). Place asparagus and onion on platter to serve. Garnish with sliced lemon.