Cook1 hr 30 mins
This is a delicious soup that I got directly from Olive Garden's web site.
Make and share this Olive Garden Angel Hair and Three Onion Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb baby white pearl onion, fresh (or 1/2 frozen bag, thawed)
- 1 medium red onion, sliced thin
- 1 medium vidalia onion (or other sweet onion, sliced thin)
- 6 cups chicken stock
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 lb angel hair pasta, broken in 2-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 4 teaspoons romano cheese, grated
- Place oil and all onions in a large sauce pan over low heat and saute, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes, until onions are golden.
- Add stock and salt to taste.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and simmer for about 1 hour.
- Add pasta and parsley and cook until pasta is just al dente.
- Ladle into soup bowls.
- Sprinkle with grated Romano cheese.
This is a really good soup. I took the advice of others and added an extra vidalia onion. I do agree that 6 cups stock is not enough, the pasta soaked it all up. Next time I will add 2 extra cups of stock. I decided not to add any extra seasoning and it has a great flavor as is. I used very little olive oil and cheese in my recipe because we are dieting. I will be adding this to my collection. I ate this soup as a side to my chicken salad.
I couldn't find fresh baby pearl onion so I used spanish onions, red and white onions. This is quite spicy but yummy. I didn't have parsley so I omitted it. Thanks Lainey :) Made for gimme 5 tag game
This is so different from the regular onion soup I make;I find it much lighter but still very good.I added some Old Bay seasoning to give more zip.Thanks for posting. I made it for123 Wonders Tag game. Rita