Cook1 hr 30 mins
This is a delicious soup that I got directly from Olive Garden's web site.
Make and share this Olive Garden Angel Hair and Three Onion Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb baby white pearl onion, fresh (or 1/2 frozen bag, thawed)
- 1 medium red onion, sliced thin
- 1 medium vidalia onion (or other sweet onion, sliced thin)
- 6 cups chicken stock
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 lb angel hair pasta, broken in 2-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 4 teaspoons romano cheese, grated
- Place oil and all onions in a large sauce pan over low heat and saute, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes, until onions are golden.
- Add stock and salt to taste.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and simmer for about 1 hour.
- Add pasta and parsley and cook until pasta is just al dente.
- Ladle into soup bowls.
- Sprinkle with grated Romano cheese.