Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Got this from a former Olive Garden manager, so it should be the real thing.
- 3 quarts heavy whipping cream
- 1 lb real butter
- 16 ounces ground parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic (from a jar)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In double boiler, melt butter. Add garlic--do not let brown. Add pepper, milk, and cream. Bring up to 185 degrees.
- Stir fast with whisk while shaking in parmesan. Continue whisking until it's a smooth sauce.
- For thicker sauce, add more parmesan or even grated romana.
- (Does not reheat well and is thrown out after three hours at the "Garden".).
Loved this. The second time i made this, I did end up using a combination of Romano and parmesan, and used a bit more than called for.
No! This didn't seem right at all. No sure what I did wrong but no matter how much cornstarch I added it was super runny. Had a problem with the milk too-doesn't say how much?
Just a question really. I noticed that the directions call for milk, but none is mentioned in the ingredient list. How much is needed (if any)?