1/3 Photos of Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce
Jeremiah Comer's Note:
This is one of the best recipes to make your own version of Olive Garden's famous Alfredo sauce. This recipe is for a large dinner party. Please feel free to scale the recipe down for a small family. Note: Make sure you whisk in the flour early while you are melting the butter with the garlic to avoid a "floury" flavor. The flour is important to avoid a thin sauce. This sauce is very versatile. Add grilled marinated chicken for a great Chicken Alfredo. Add sautéed shrimp and scallops with Old Bay Seasoning, white wine, shrimp stock, and chopped green onions for Seafood Alfredo. Extra sauce can be frozen for later use.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1On medium heat, add butter, garlic, and flour until butter is melted. Do not brown garlic.
- 2Whisk in the heavy cream until hot.
- 3Slowly add the freshly grated cheeses into the hot cream mixture. Finally add the salt and pepper. Stir often to make sure no cheese settles at the bottom.
- 4Simmer until all the cheeses are melted and the sauce reaches the desired thickness. Do not let this sauce boil, or it will begin to separate and the cheeses will become grainy.
- 5Serve with pasta and garnish with freshly grated pecorino romano cheese (used by restaurant), if desired.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 880.7
- Calories from Fat 796
- Total Fat 88.4 g
- Saturated Fat 55.1 g
- Cholesterol 294.0 mg
- Sodium 1010.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 17.8 g