Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Really good lasagna! If you love Olive Garden's 5-cheese lasagna then you'll love this one! We like it with 1/2 lb. ground beef and 1/2 lb. Italian sausage in it.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 3 1⁄2 cups ricotta cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated romano cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup spinach lasagna noodles or 1 cup regular lasagna noodle, if unavailable
- marinara sauce, as desired
- extra parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Melt butter with medium heat in heavy 1 quart saucepan.
- Add flour and stir until well blended; cook until frothy.
- Add milk, stirring constantly with wire whisk as mixture comes to a simmer.
- Cook and stir until thickened (3-4 minutes).
- Chill while mixing other ingredients.
- Drain and mince tomatoes and garlic.
- Place other cheese filling ingredients in 3-quart mixing bowl with tomatoes and garlic.
- Add 1-1/2 cups of cooled cream sauce and mix until well blended.
- Refrigerate, reserving 1/2-cup for later use.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions.
- Cool under cold water and drain.
- Place 3 lasagna noodles in a 9x13x2 lightly oiled baking dish, overlapping slightly.
- Spread 1-1/2 cups cheese filling over noodles; sprinkle with one cup mozzarella and 1/4-cup fontina cheese.
- Repeat pasta and cheese layering; top with remaining three lasagna noodles.
- Spread 1/2-cup of reserved cream sauce over top and cover lightly with foil.
- Preheat oven to 350 and bake for 1 hour.