1/7 Photos of Olive Fougasse (Rustic Bread) -- Abm
2 hrs 10 mins
This olive-rich is rolled into a rectangle and then slashed with a knife to form a traditional pattern. The sunburst is popular, or a tree branch, a moon, or a sunflower. You won't need butter with this olive oil -drenched bread. From "Rustic European Breads from Your Bread Machine" by Linda West Eckhardt and Diana Collingwood Butts
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the yeast, flour, sugar, salt, milk, water and olive oil in the bread machine pan and process on the dough setting. At the end of the cycle, turn out the dough onto a lightly floured board and knead in the olives. Turn the bread pan over the dough and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- 2Divide the dough into two equal pieces and roll each piece into an 8x10" rectangle. Place each rectangle on a parchment paper covered baking sheet. Make two rows of 6 to 8 evenly spaced diagonal slashes, leaving 1" at the border and in between the rows, cutting all the way through the dough. Open these slits by pulling them well apart with your hands (this traditional pattern looks like a leaf.) Coat the flatbreads with olive oil and set aside to rise until the dough is puffed, about 20 minutes.
- 3Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- 4When loaves are puffy, bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool on a rack.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Olive Fougasse (Rustic Bread) -- Abm
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.0
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 2.1 mg
- Sodium 82.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: