Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From 365 Ways to Cook Vegetarian.
Make and share this Olive Focaccia recipe from Food.com.
- 2 loaves frozen bread dough, thawed (8-ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely diced sun-dried tomato
- 12 black olives, halved and pitted
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Slice off half of one bread loaf and reserve for later use.
- In a lightly oiled 9x13 inch baking dish, stretch out remaining dough to cover bottom of pan evenly. Cover with a clean cloth and let rise until double, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375. With fingers, poke holes all over risen bread dough. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Let rise for 20 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, in a small frying pan, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook, until golden, 2-3 minutes.
- Add sun dried tomatoes and cook 1-2 minutes longer.
- To assemble focaccia, spread onion mixture evenly over surface of dough. Lightly press in olives to form a decorative pattern. Sprinkle with thyme leaves.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, until focaccia is puffy and brown. Serve hot or warm.