Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicious dip that's hard to resist. Use as many or as few olives to your personal taste. Low fat cream cheese can also be used. Serve with a variety of crackers for different tastes!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) jar green olives, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts (recommended) (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive brine, from jar
- Mix softened cream cheese with mayonnaise, pepper, pecans, olive juice, and olives.
- Refrigerate for several hours before serving.
- Serve with Ritz, Townhouse, saltine, or any kind of crackers.
I first tasted this recipe this past holiday season and LOVED it. I actually kept thinking I should post it here on Zaar, but Babyoil has beaten me to it. This is also fantastic spread on bread and grilled as a sandwich. YUM!
I made this for my New Year's Eve party this year and served with crackers. People barely made a dent in it, but I think it was because I had too much other food. I brought the leftovers to my parents and grandmother and they just loved it. They like it best with veggies instead of crackers as the dip is already very salty, so the veg is a nice compliment. They've also been using it as a spread on sandwiches. I'm making it again this weekend for a surprise party and I think it will be a hit. I didn't use nuts, and I think I may have forgotten the pepper, I will add this time though.
Great, it was a big hit at our dinner parties last weekend. Very easy and delicious. I made half the recipe and it was plenty for eight couples as an appetizer with homemade crackers (Herbed Crackers). I used a fresh cream cheese rather than your typical Kraft or whatever (that I find plasticky and greasy), and light mayo. I added 1/2 a finely chopped red bell pepper and that added a nice flavour.