Recipe by Sous Chef Bentley
I'm not sure why this recipe is titled as a dip. It was given to me by a co-worker. It's always a hit for people who love olives. I usually serve it as a spread. The secret to this recipe is using Unico's olives & marinated artichoke hearts and to refrigerate overnight.
Top Review by MonsterMaha
I made this for PAC 2012. This was really tasty with crackers, but it was even better when added to a turkey sandwich with sourdough bread. I will make this again for sure. Thanks for a great recipe!
- 2 cups pimento stuffed olives, drained
- 1 cup pitted black olives, drained
- 6 fluid ounces marinated artichoke hearts, undrained
- 1 hot banana pepper
- 1 sweet red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove seeds & dice the red pepper.
- Remove seeds & dice the hot banana pepper. We love spicy foods, so I don't discard the seeds.
- In a food processor, gently blend olives and artichoke hearts to a medium chopped consistency.
- Add the hot banana pepper, red pepper, garlic and basil.
- Dizzle olive oil & lemon juice over the mixture.
- Gentley blend to a finely chopped consistency.
- Transfer to a bowl, and refrigerate overnight. It's really important to follow this step, I've learned this from experience.
- Serve with fresh baguette thinly sliced and/or crackers.