Recipe by JamesDean'sGirl
A great "quick" variation of the traditional yeast-raised olive bread. My son Jake, who's almost 3, just LOVES these (and he's so picky!); I sometimes bake mini muffins just for him!
Top Review by Epi-curious
The combination of black olives and cream cheese work so well together. They have a subtle, creamy, nutty flavor. I experimented with adding cheddar cheese to this recipe, and found that you had to reduce the cream cheese to 4 ounces, add a cup of cheddar, and change the black olives to green to compliment the bite of the cheddar. They were fabulous. Try it!
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Grease the bottoms only of 12 standard-size muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese and egg until smooth.
- Gradually stir in the milk and oil.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt; add to creamed mixture just until combined.
- Do not overmix.
- Fold in the olives.
- Spoon batter into the prepared cups (they will be almost full); bake for 18-20 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- Immediately turn out of the tins; serve warm, or cool completely.