1/5 Photos of Olive Cornbread
These mini cornbreads are wonderful served with soup. They are very quick and simple to make. If you are not a fan of olives, just leave them out or use an alternate topping of your choice.. If you are not on a gluten free diet, then you can use regular self-raising flour and omit the xanthan gum. Shown in my posted photo with "Pumpkin and Leek Soup - No Dairy" and made with a gluten free blended flour. My family tell me that the regular flour version taste even better than the gluten free one that I can eat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup coarse polenta (cornmeal)
- 1 cup gluten-free self-raising flour (or regular SR flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum (omit if not using gluten-free flour)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 100 g butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
- 1/2 cup drained stuffed green olive, thinly sliced
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 2Combine the polenta, flour, xanthan and salt in a large bowl.
- 3Add milk, melted butter and egg. Stir until combined.
- 4Stir in cheddar cheese.
- 5Spoon mixture among 8 250ml (1 cup) capacity mini-loaf pans and smooth over the surface. Top with sliced olives. You can use muffin pans or friand pans if you do not have the correct tins.
- 6Bake in preheated oven 25-30 minutes.
- 7Turn onto a wire rack to cool slightly. Serve warm.
- 8Best eaten the day they are cooked but can be warmed in the microwave if eating the next day.
- 9You can use any topping of choice. Chargrilled capsicums (peppers) are also a good topping.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Olive Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 232.3
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 72.7 mg
- Sodium 209.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
gluten-free self-raising flour
stuffed green olives