Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A sort of sweet, salty, but also a slightly spicy treatment of chicken and rice. The amount of Jalapeno Peppers you use is of course up to you. And if you have a favorite, but different method for cooking Pilafs, then go ahead, because Cooking is a Creative Sport.
- Heat the olive oil and melt the butter in a sauce pan that has a tight fitting lid.
- Add the onion and saute until they are nearly transparent.
- Add the chicken and continue to stir until all sides of the meat has turned white.
- Add the rice and stir until all the grains are moist.
- Add the chicken stock, Olives, and Jalapeno Peppers, and cover.
- Remain on high heat until the stock starts to boil and then reduce heat to the lowest setting and simmer for exactly 15 minutes. DO NOT PEEK.
- Turn off the heat DO NOT PEEK and let sit for an additional 15 minutes.
- Fluff the pilaf with a fork and serve with a cold beverage.