Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 35 mins
Cook 45 mins
Adapted from Kosher By Design. Prep time includes marinating time.
Make and share this Olive Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 2 -3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can plum tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 18 green olives, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped, divided
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, divided (1/2 teaspoon dried thyme may be substituted)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine 2 tablespoons oil, half the garlic, and the lemon juice, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Coat chicken on all sides with garlic mixture.
- Place chicken in a single layer in a baking pan and let marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat remaining oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and remaining garlic and cook until onions are translucent but not brown, 3-4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and olives and cook until thickened, about 15 minutes more.
- Stir in half the parsley and half the thyme.
- Spread mixture over chicken.
- Bake until chicken is cooked through, 25-30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining parsley and thyme.