Prep 35 mins
Cook 45 mins
Adapted from Kosher By Design. Prep time includes marinating time.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 2 -3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can plum tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 18 green olives, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped, divided
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, divided (1/2 teaspoon dried thyme may be substituted)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine 2 tablespoons oil, half the garlic, and the lemon juice, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Coat chicken on all sides with garlic mixture.
- Place chicken in a single layer in a baking pan and let marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat remaining oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and remaining garlic and cook until onions are translucent but not brown, 3-4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and olives and cook until thickened, about 15 minutes more.
- Stir in half the parsley and half the thyme.
- Spread mixture over chicken.
- Bake until chicken is cooked through, 25-30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining parsley and thyme.