Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
Here is another great recipe to use up all that leftover zucchini from summers crop. This recipe yeilds only 2 servings, so double up if desired.
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped stuffed olives
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cut zucchini in half lenghwise; scoop out, and reserve pulp, leaving 1/4-inch shells.
- Place zucchini shells, cut side down, in a skillet.
- Add water, bring to boil, reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 5-6 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Turn shells cut side up; sprinkle with salt.
- Chop the zucchini pulp; saute in small saucepan in butter for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in the breadcrumbs and olives.
- Spoon into the zucchini shells; sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Cover, and cook over medium heat (with no added water) for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
really good recipe and easy!
This recipe is easily veganized - I used vegan margarine and cheese (plus plain black olives without pimentos). The bread crumbs I used were whole wheat Panko. (See 3rd photo)
This made a nice lunch today! Easy to do, because no using the oven! I enjoyed the olive flavor, topped with the cheese. Thanks! Made for 123 Hit Wonders game.