In years gone by, heavy iron skillets were the utensils that turned out breads over a glowing campfire. Easily put together in minutes, this savory bread can be served right in the iron skillet it was baked in. From an old newspaper clipping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) can pitted black olives, drained
- 4 cups buttermilk baking mix (use Bisquick Mix if neither is available) or 4 cups Bisquick (use Bisquick Mix if neither is available)
- 1/4 cup Betty Crocker potato buds
- 3 tablespoons minced onions
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1Preheat oven to 375F and grease a 9" skillet very well.
- 2Drain olives and cut into wedges.
- 3Place baking mix (Bisquick), potato buds, onion, garlic powder, olives and cheese in a large mixing bowl.
- 4Measure remaining ingredients into another bowl and mix thoroughly.
- 5Add liquids to dry ingredients.
- 6Stir just until moistened and turn into prepared skillet.
- 7Flour your hands and pat dough into a rounded shape.
- 8Brush with additional butter or an egg wash, if desired.
- 9Bake 45 minutes or until bread tests done.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Olive Cheese Skillet Bread
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 609.1
- Calories from Fat 323
- Total Fat 35.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 76.4 mg
- Sodium 1845.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 14.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Betty Crocker potato buds