Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
When I was a kid growing up in Texas, my best friend's mom used to make these every Christmas. Thank you Schotzie! Wouldn't you know it - I married a guy who hates olives. These tasty little treats can be frozen in single layer. When frozen, store in plastic zipper bag. If frozen, bake at 400ºF for 18-20 minutes.
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 48 medium stuffed olives (I prefer pimento stuffed)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Cream together cheese and butter.
- Sift flour, salt, paprika and cayenne pepper into cheese mixture, and mix to combine well.
- Wrap each olive in about 1 teaspoon of cheese dough.
- Bake for 15 minutes in 400º oven.
Been making these for years and they cant be beat. If the cayenne pepper scares you, they are just as good without it. My hubby likes them with black olives, but I still prefer the green!