Recipe by Micki Lea
This is a wonderful dip for parties or other get-togethers. It is a little different than your "traditional" dips. It tastes wonderful, too! One note: the oil from the mayo & cheese tends to come to the surface as the dip cools. When this happens, I usually skim off the oil before stirring it up/reheating it. A small crock pot or other warming pot will help keep it warm if it will be sitting out for people to grab as they want some.
Top Review by Catsrule
I had company for dinner over the weekend and made this dip. The amount of mayo put me off when I was preparing it, but it turned out great, and two couples left with the recipe. One thing I did differently was to saute the onion and mushrooms with a touch of garlic powder before mixing with the other ingredients.
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1 green pepper, chopped fine
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, chopped
- 1 (5 ounce) jar green olives, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can black olives, chopped
- 2 cups mayonnaise