Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
If you love olives, you will LOVE this spread! This makes about 38-40 of the most delicious crostini appetizers, and they will be the first to vanish at you get together! Make certain to hand-squeeze out the excess moisture in the olives before using in this recipe. Small pumpernickel party slices also work well in place of the French baguette! I strongly suggest to chill the mixture for about 5 hours or even overnight to blend the flavors before topping on the bread, just warm very slightly for a few seconds in the microwave to make spreading easier. If you want lots of olive topping, then double the recipe but do not double the garlic amount!
Top Review by Boomette
I did half the recipe for both of us and I still have leftover in the fridge. I didn't use the onion because of DH. It took more than 3-4 minutes to bubble and golden. DH really loved this. More than me. Cause I found it too salty. For me, I would reduced the amount of pimento stuffed olive. Thanks Kit. Made for 123 hit wonders
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped black olives, well drained
- 1⁄2 cup pimento stuffed olive, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or less to taste)
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions (optional, or use yellow onion)
- 1 cup finely shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (optional)
- 1 French baguette (sliced into 1/4-inch thick slices)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl combine all ingredients (I would suggest to cover and chill a couple of hours minimum to blend the flavors).
- Top each bread slice evenly with mixture.
- Arrange on baking sheets.
- Broil with the oven door partially opened for 3-4 minutes until bubble and golden.