Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Another delish one courtesy of Pioneer Woman. Posting for safe keeping.
- 411.06 g can black olives, whole
- 170.09 g jar pimento stuffed olives
- 2 green onions, rough chopped
- 340.19 g monterey jack cheese, grated
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 1 loaf French bread
- Rough chop black and green olives.
- Combine green onions and olives with the softened butter, mayo, and cheese. Mix thoroughly.
- Slice french bread in half lengthwise. Spread mixture evenly over halves.
- Bake at 325 for 25 minutes or until thoroughly melted and starting to turn light brown and bubbly.
- Can make mixture 2 days ahead, spread on unbaked bread and freeze too!
Yum! Made for New Year's Eve party and there were no leftovers. I had thought the mixture would be too salty, so I rinsed the olives before I chopped them. I have to say, I wish I hadn't done that - I missed the 'briney' flavor green olives have. Still, it was so good!
This was a big hit with my extended family! I used deli olives instead of canned. I also had only purchased 8 ounces of cheese, but I thought that was plenty. I made the spread the day before and it worked out great.
GOOD stuff! I left out the green onions and used chipotle mayo instead of regular, but it was fabulous! Gave it a nice kick! Served with salad... perfect meal! Isn't Pioneer Woman great?? Can't wait to try more of her recipes. Thanks for posting this one!