Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe came from one of our dear friends and is a wonderful way to rev up the standard Garlic-Cheese Bread. I had never had anything quite like it and I loved it the first time I tried it. By the way, I cannot stand black olives but I love them in this recipe!
- 1 loaf French bread
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (6 ounce) can black olives
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Mix the butter and the mayonnaise.
- Add shredded mozzarella cheese, chopped black olives, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Mix well and chill for approximately 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- If you do not have time to chill it is still great.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut loaf of French Bread in half lengthwise and place on a foil lined cookie sheet.
- Spread cheese mixture over each half of bread.
- Cut the bread into serving size pieces.
- It is easier to cut at this stage than once it is hot.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese melts.