Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Perfect to serve at a large get together. Plan ahead the cream cheese mixture needs to be shaped and chilled for a minimum of 5 hours or up to 24 hours before rolling in the nuts up to 1 hour before serving. Adjust the olive and pimento amounts to taste, if desired add in 1-2 teaspoons fresh minced garlic. You can use any kind of favorite nuts for this in place of almonds, but almonds are the best to use. If you like some heat then add in some Tabasco or Louisiana hot sauce to taste!
- 1 (2 ounce) can black olives (pitted and chopped)
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimientos, drained and finely chopped
- 8 -10 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 lb butter, softened (no subs!)
- 8 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 2 cups finely chopped almonds (can use more or less)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, combine the olives, pimentos and green onions; mix to combine.
- In another bowl combine the butter, softened cream cheese and blue cheese; stir in the olive mixture.
- Add in Tabasco sauce to taste (if using).
- Shape into a ball/s or a log/s.
- Cover and chill the ball or log for at least 5 hours to blend the flavors.
- Up to 1 hour before serving roll in the chopped nuts, refrigerate or serve immediately.