1/5 Photos of Olive-Caper Spread
Adapted from What's Cooking America.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces black olives in brine, pitted (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juice and zest of, grated
- 3 small garlic cloves, minced
- fresh ground black pepper (about 5-6 turns of the grinder)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil (or 1/2 tsp. dried)
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1In a food processor(or blender), place olives, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, and pepper. Blend until a little chunky.
- 2Cover and refrigerate to allow flavors to blend for several hours.
- 3Return mixture to food processor and add red pepper flakes, basil, and capers; blend until mixture is smooth and spreadable. Season with more salt to taste if desired.
- 4Refrigerate until serving(can be prepared 4 days ahead).
- 5Serve at room temperature with Italian bread, crackers, pita toasts, etc. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Olive-Caper Spread
Serving Size: 1 (337 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 765.6
- Calories from Fat 708
- Total Fat 78.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2796.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 3.1 g