Recipe by JackieOhNo!
Slice off a pat of this flavored compound butter to jazz up a variety of your favorite breads and dishes. You can top roast or broiled meats with thins slices or small spoonfuls. Use also for cooking vegetables, chicken, or fish, or as an appetizer spread. This one goes nice with broiled or roast lamb. It is very little effort for such a unique touch.
- 1⁄4 cup pitted oil-cured olives
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons capers
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon anchovy paste
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree olives in food processor or mince very fine by hand.
- Place all ingredients in food processor and process until blended, or mix all ingredients in mixing bowl with rubber spatula. Shape into 1-1/2-inch-wide log in piece of waxed paper or plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm enough to slice, or transfer butter to small serving bowl.