Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Thi is great recipe is from Betty Crocker. After reading Sarah Beth's review, make sure your olives are well patted dry.
- 1 cup water, plus
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons bread machine yeast
- 3⁄4 cup olive, pitted and coarsely chopped
- Place the ingredients, except olives, in the bread pan in the order recommended by your machine's manufacturer.
- Process on the appropriate cycle.
- Add olives at the raisin/nut signal or 5 to 10 minutes before last kneading cycle ends.
- I prefer to make it with the dough cycle; shape it in 2 loaves and let is rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake in a pre heated375* oven for 30 minutes.
- Add 1 1/2 cup old or sharp shredded cheddar cheese with the flour for a Cheese Olive Bread; fantastic.
- For my bread to rise, I heat 2 cups of water in microwave for 5 minutes; this creates steam. Leave water in microwave. Sit your bread in microwave OFF for 30 minutes.Your bread will rise really nice.
Awesome recipe. Basic and delicious. I used olives in oil and garlic from the deli section of the grocery and added the garlic from them and used the oil they came in. Delicious.
Made this last night and it was yummy! I loved the texture. I used about 3/4 cup white whole flour and 1/4 wheat germ for 1 cup of the bread flour. I also used kalamata olive oil instead of the vegetable oil and baked it on a stone. I will definitley make this again. Thanks so much!
Very easy and delicious. I did have to add in about 1/3 of flour after adding in the olives (I used kalamata) because the moisture from the olives started turning the dough into a mess, so I think next time I will drain them very very very well rather than draining and kinda sorta patting dry as I did this time. This bread needs no butter or anything to be delicious, however, it is very good for dipping in olive oil with fresh ground black pepper! We had with lemon chicken pasta! Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT6 for The Queens of Quisine!