Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe that I came up with for an olive loaf. It turned out great so I'm posting it here. My girlfriend loves it and makes me bake it quite often. The proportions are estimations. I have been baking bread for years and no longer use recipes but this one should get you close to the mark. Enjoy!
- 1. in a mixing bowl add 2 cups of flour.
- 2. Add the yeast.
- 3. Add 1 cup flour.
- 4. Cut the butter into slices and add.
- 5. Add the sugar.
- 6. Add the salt.
- 7. Add the olives and rosemary.
- 8. Add the warm water.
- 9. knead until the dough forms a smooth ball and can be shaped. Add more flour or water as necessary to form a smooth ball.
- 10. grease a fresh mixing bowl with olive oil and throw the dough ball in turning once so that the dough is covered with olive oil.
- 11. heat an oven to ~100-110°F.
- 12. Wet a dish cloth in hot water and cover the bowl with it.
- 13. place the dough bowl into the warm oven and rise until doubled in size ~1-1.5 hours.
- 14. punch down and knead int a ball and place on a baking sheet that has been greased with butter.
- 15. lightly spray the dough ball with water to prevent drying.
- 16. pre-heat oven to 400F and by the time the oven is up to temperature the bread should have risen a second time. Bake the bread until golden brown and set aside to dry on a wire drying rack or an oven rack removed and placed on top of the stove.