Recipe by TXOLDHAM
Adapted from The Texas Cookbook and printed in the Dallas Morning News.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
wonderful bread, I made as stated only I used pimiento-stuffed olives and omitted the 2 tablespoons of pimientos, I also added in 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, I must say that this is at it's best when served warm out of the oven, thanks for sharing this Sandy, this was made for KK's Green forum event
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour, sifted
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup stuffed green olive, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Sift together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Add egg and milk.
- Stir just until moistened.
- Stir in walnuts, olives and pimentos.
- Pour into a well-oiled round baking dish and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove after cooling slightly for 10 minutes and turn out onto a cake rack.
- Slice into quarters and then slice each quarter into 4 or 5 pieces.