Recipe by Dancer^
If arugula is unavailable, spinach makes a good substitute. Follow the same cooking instructions as for arugula. Make sure saucepan is large enough to prevent the pasta from sticking together during cooking.
- 2 cups penne
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 16 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon chopped oregano
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons quartered pitted black olives
- 2 3⁄4 ounces arugula
- salt and pepper
- fresh oregano sprig, to garnish
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until "al dente."
- Drain thoroughly.
- Heat the oil and butter in a pan until the butter melts.
- Saute the garlic for 30 seconds.
- Add the bell peppers and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring.
- Stir in the cherry tomatoes, oregano, wine, and olives and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Season well with salt and pepper and stir in the arugula until just wilted.
- Transfer the pasta to a serving dish, spoon over the sauce, and mix well.
- Garnish and serve.
- Serve parmesan cheese at the table.