Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This recipe was on the back of a bag of flour I bought. Looks interesting and different from the other olive breads here. The flour is a white/wheat mix. I'd probably use whole wheat pastry flour in this (if I didn't have the mixed type) or all purpose would work.
- Spray a 1 quart casserole dish or round cake pan.
- Mix 1 cup flour with the yeast and set aside.
- Heat the water, feta, butter, sugar, and oregano in a small saucepan until it is just warm (120 degrees) and the butter is almost melted. Pour this mixture into the flour. Add the egg.
- Using an electric mixer, beat on medium speed for 30 seconds or until everything is combined. Then turn up the mixer to high speed and beat for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining 1 cup flour and the olives with a spoon. The batter will be stiff.
- Pour the dough into the prepared pan and cover and let it rise in a warm place until it is doubled in size (about 1 hour).
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees. Bake the bread for 25 minutes or until it is golden brown.
- Remove from the pan right away and allow it to cool.