Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a wonderful yummy pasta sauce that is Spanish in origin. Adapted from the Great Good Food cookbook.
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf, packed
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves, packed
- 1⁄4 cup toasted almond
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- fresh Italian parsley
- Puree olives, basil, spinach, almonds, garlic, and lemon juice in a blender or food processor.
- Add olive oil while machine is running.
- Refrigerate until read to serve.
- Great served with pasta or rice, or over vegetables, even fish and chicken!
- Garnish with parsley. Enjoy!
Very yummy. One of the better pesto recipes I've come across. I added a pinch of hot pepper flakes to add some heat.
This sauce is very nice and could not have been easier to make, thanks to the food processor. I made the sauce for DH to have for his dinner over some leftover handmade pasta that we had made. He said he enjoyed it very much and was surprised to discover that the sauce had just as much spinach as it did basil. This is a great way to sneak in some greens for your family. Warning: DH definitely needed some mints several hours after consuming this sauce, so keep this in mind if preparing for a date!! Anyway, very nice. Thanks, Sharon.
This was just excellent! I swirled some into angelhair pasta as a side to accompany our grilled lamb dinner, Sunday, and it was a great accompaniment. Try some of this spread on grilled bread - unbelievable!