Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A quicky little appetizer for a Cocktail Party!
- 1 cup shredded old cheddar cheese or 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup soft butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup Bisquick (see Bisquick)
- 1 jar pimento stuffed olive
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl stir together the cheese, butter and Worcestershire Sauce.
- Stir in Bisquick mix or clone recipe.
- Pat olives dry.
- Wrap 1 teaspoon of dough around 1 olive.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm.
I just compared this recipe to another-I'd really like to try this but reading the other comment I can see where there may too much butter to hold everything together-I prefer Bisquick to flour recipes,but the one I'm looking at calls fro 3TBSP of butter to a 1/2 cup sifted flour and it seems like the ration is still high.I'd prob just add a bit more Bisquick to the dough if it seems moist with the butter to hold it together. Will try and review later but hope these are a winner as I would like to bring them to the family's Christmas gatherings in the future as everyone is olive lovers.
I will not rate this recipe until I try again. I must have done something terribly wrong but it acted like there was too much butter. The dough "melted" off the olives. The only thing I think I did different was to use large olives but I figured I would just increase the cooking time. My DH and I both tried one just to taste and the cheddar went really well with olive. I will try again and update this later.