Recipe by faith58
I got this out of a magazine and am going to make it for thanksgiving but wanted to share it with you all. This is adorable and would make a cute centerpiece with cracker's and cheese! I am going to make it with black olives, pimento and kalamata olives.. Prep time is a guess..
- 1 (10 ounce) bottleof small pimento stuffed olives
- 1 (10 ounce) bottleof large pimento stuffed olives
- 6 ounces pitted kalamata olives or 6 ounces black olives
- 1 lb colby cheese
- rosemary sprig, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Get a box of toothpicks and a 9 inch cone shape to begin. (green or white).
- Drain olives. Cut block of cheese into 1/2 inch thick slabs and cut 1 inch stars with a cookie cutter. Cover with wrap.
- Break toothpicks in half. Starting at the bottom of the cone, insert toothpicks in a random order and push olives onto them. Vary the olives and leave room for the cheese stars. Place larger olives near the bottom.
- Push each cheese star into a toothpick half, Top the tree with a cheese star and insert rosemary sprigs randomly.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate no longer than 8 hours.