Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A traditional Italian flatbread made easy with packet bread mix! Preparation time includes an estimated proving time. Posted for Zaar World Tour 2005.
- 1 (1 lb) packagewhite bread mix
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes, snipped
- 12 black olives, stoned and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup lukewarm water (200ml)
- flaked sea salt
- Mix together the bread mix, half the oil, the rosemary, tomatoes, olives and water until it forms a firm dough.
- Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead thoroughly for 5 minutes; return the dough to the mixing bowl and cover with a piece of oiled cling film.
- Leave the dough to rise in a warm place until it has doubled in size (this will take about an hour); meanwhile, lightly grease two baking sheets and pr-heat the oven to 425 F, 220 C, gas mark 7.
- Turn out the risen dough, punch down and knead again; divide dough into two rounds, place on the baking sheets then punch hollows in the dough.
- Trickle over the remaining olive oil and sprinkle with salt, bake the focaccia for 12-15 minutes until golden brown and cooked; slide off onto wire racks to cool, but eat when still slightly warm.