- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, with skin on
- 75 g pitted black olives, reserve a few and chop the remainder
- 1 chicken stock cube, made up to
- 300 ml with boiling water
- 1 lemon, sliced into 6
- 15 ml fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 15 ml fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 15 ml clear honey
- 25 g butter, cut into small cubes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and brown the chicken breasts on both sides.
- Add the chopped olives to the pan with the stock, lemon slices and oregano, bring to the boil then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the lid.
- Sprinkle over the parsley add the whole olives and allow the liquid to reduce by half.
- Stir in the honey and gradually add the butter, then season to taste.
- Serve with pasta and a green salad.