1/4 Photos of Olive and Lemon Chicken
Amanda in Adelaide's Note:
I cut this from a magazine about 10 years ago and still make it frequently. People always love it and ask for the recipe. The honey is a very important step to finish it off.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop 2/3 olives and set aside.
- 2Heat oil and 1/2 butter in a wide pan and cook chicken until browned.
- 3Add the stock and water.
- 4Then add the chopped olives, lemon slices and mixed herbs.
- 5Cover and simmer gently for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- 6Transfer chicken from pan and keep warm.
- 7Add parsley and remaining whole olives to pan.
- 8Bring to boil and boil sauce until reduced by half.
- 9Cut the butter into small pieces and whisk into the sauce.
- 10Stir in the honey and season to taste with pepper.
- 11Pour sauce over chicken to serve.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Olive and Lemon Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (683 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2249.2
- Calories from Fat 1454
- Total Fat 161.6 g
- Saturated Fat 47.8 g
- Cholesterol 718.5 mg
- Sodium 1241.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 173.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: