Recipe by RavynLoony
"I whipped up this pasta dish to satisfy a craving for olives and feta cheese. Add artichokes or spinach for variation." -- by Missmew2
Top Review by Julie F
I had a love/hate thing with this recipe. I LOVED the veggie combo. I used canned mushrooms because I didn't have any fresh ones, and I more than doubled the olives. The pasta, on the other hand, was too dry for my taste. The veggies and olive oil weren't enough of a sauce for me. I'll have to think about possibilities to make it more moist without changing the terrific flavor. I did use whole wheat pasta, which always tends to be pretty dry in my opinion. This might be better with regular pasta.
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 small zucchini, sliced
- dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 12 black olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 ounce crumbled feta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, and saute the garlic 2 minutes. Mix in mushrooms and zucchini. Season with oregano, salt, and pepper. Stir in olives, and cook until heated through. Place pasta in the skillet, toss to coat, and continue cooking about 2 minutes. Top with feta cheese to serve.