Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have used this recipe as part of an appitizer tray
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon white wine (optional)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, chopped
- sunflower seeds, roasted
- Cream together all ingredients. Shape into log or ball and roll in roasted sunflower seeds.
- Bring out 1/2 hour before serving.
Great recipe and very pretty with the sunflower nut coating. I used 1/4 tsp. garlic powder. Rather than beating together all the ingredients at once -- I beat together the cream cheese, mustard, garlic, and wine. Then I added the olives, cheddar and parsley. I found it easier to shape the cheese ball and refrigerate it in wax paper, then roll in sunflower nuts.