Recipe by Dib's
This recipe is posted by request.
Top Review by Rachel C
My Dutch hubby was chuffed to bits with this, as he hasn't had oliebolle since being in the UK. Have just finished cooking a batch (split in two - one traditional and one with added mixed spice) and have consumed a fair few myself. The rest will be left for New Year's Eve as is traditional. Many thanks
- 500 g flour
- 25 g yeast
- 1⁄3 liter milk
- 250 g currants or 250 g raisins
- 2 apples, diced (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put flour in a bowl with the salt and make a well.
- Add the yeast, which has been dissolved in a little warm milk.
- Add remaining milk, currants and the apples if using.
- Beat to smooth and airy, cover and let stand in a warm spot for 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a deep pan until very hot and fry the oliebollen quickly-you want them golden and cooked through. Turn half-way through the cooking process.
- Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.