Barbara Polowetz's Note:
Traditional four bean salad with a couple of extra ingredients. Inspired by my Mom who came up with this wonderful concoction. It's very yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans (drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can yellow wax beans (drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans (drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans (drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can straw mushrooms (or any kind of mushrooms, drained*)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pickled beets (coarsely chopped, drained)
- 1/2 large purple onion (chopped)
- 15 gherkins (chopped)
- 1/2 cup sugar (Or to taste. I use a 1/4 cup.)
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup oil
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1Drain all the liquids from all six cans.
- 2In a VERY large bowl, combine all the beans, mushrooms, chopped beets, chopped onion and chopped gherkins.
- 3In a separate container, mix the sugar, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper. I use a recycled spaghetti sauce jar just for this purpose and just shake it all up.
- 4Pour dressing over the bean mixture and toss well.
- 5Cover and refrigerate for at least overnight, if you can wait. I usually can't.
- 6* Straw mushrooms are found in the Asian section of the grocery store.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Olga's Four Bean Salad
Serving Size: 1 (3840 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2824.3
- Calories from Fat 608
- Total Fat 67.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 16607.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 491.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 113.6 g
- Sugars 145.1 g
- Protein 99.9 g