Olga bread just like from the restaurants. I found it on another site but it was so good I had to share it.
- Scald milk, remove to large bowl.
- Add honey, margarine and salt to milk.
- stir until margarine is melted.
- Set aside to cool until lukewarm.
- Combine yeast, warm water and sugar.
- stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Set aside.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of the flour to lukewarm milk mixture and beat well.
- Mix in egg and yeast mixture.
- Add remaining flour, a little at a time, until sticky dough is formed.
- Turn out on a floured surface, knead about two minutes.
- Dough will be sticky, (but don’t add more flour).
- Place dough in oiled bowl.
- Turning once to oil whole surface of dough.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let stand in warm place until doubled in bulk.
- Punch down dough; divide into 16 equal pieces.
- Roll each piece to a thin rough circle about 8-1o inches in diameter.
- Heat a large dry skillet over medium-high heat; do not use any oil.
- Bake 15 seconds, flip and bake about 10 seconds on other side, until mottled brown spots appear.
- Cool and store in a plastic bag.
- Makes: 16 olgas.