1/4 Photos of Olga Bread
Olga bread just like from the restaurants. I found it on another site but it was so good I had to share it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Scald milk, remove to large bowl.
- 2Add honey, margarine and salt to milk.
- 3stir until margarine is melted.
- 4Set aside to cool until lukewarm.
- 5Combine yeast, warm water and sugar.
- 6stir until sugar is dissolved.
- 7Set aside.
- 8Add 1 1/2 cups of the flour to lukewarm milk mixture and beat well.
- 9Mix in egg and yeast mixture.
- 10Add remaining flour, a little at a time, until sticky dough is formed.
- 11Turn out on a floured surface, knead about two minutes.
- 12Dough will be sticky, (but don’t add more flour).
- 13Place dough in oiled bowl.
- 14Turning once to oil whole surface of dough.
- 15Cover with plastic wrap and let stand in warm place until doubled in bulk.
- 16Punch down dough; divide into 16 equal pieces.
- 17Roll each piece to a thin rough circle about 8-1o inches in diameter.
- 18Heat a large dry skillet over medium-high heat; do not use any oil.
- 19Bake 15 seconds, flip and bake about 10 seconds on other side, until mottled brown spots appear.
- 20Cool and store in a plastic bag.
- 21Makes: 16 olgas.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Olga Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1013 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 159.6
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 13.7 mg
- Sodium 175.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 4.3 g