Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
From a little cookbook from Decatur Senior Citizens. Everyone loves Taco Salad in Texas.
Make and share this Ole, Ole Taco Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 3⁄4 lbs nacho cheese flavored tortilla chips or 1 3⁄4 lbs corn chips
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shreaded
- 1 (8 ounce) jar taco sauce
- 8 ounces sour cream
- Brown ground beef, drain.
- Chop or shred lettuce and tomatoes.
- Without opening bag, squeeze the chips until they have crumbled into bite-size pieces.
- Mix taco sauce and sour cream. (or Catalina dressing can be used) and combine all ingredients.
- Stir well to mix.
- Serve at room temperature.
We really enjoyed this salad. It was simple and tasty. I used a green taco sauce but think that I might have liked salsa instead. Really nice lunch. Thanks for sharing. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.