Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I have been making this for more years than I can count! It's a wonderful meat loaf that taste's exactly like beef enchiladas.! There are so many great tasting taco sauces and salsas on the market now that you can find one to suit your family's taste.This recipe is from my very first Crock Pot recipe book. It's old and tattered, but the recipes aren't! I use Nacho Dorito Chips,and La Victoria medium hot taco sauce. As a side note,I must say that my hubby isn't the most artful person, therefor, please don't hold the topping on the meatloaf against him! lol
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 cup coarsely crushed dorito's nacho cheese flavored tortilla chips
- 2⁄3 cup la victoria medium taco sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix or 2 tablespoons taco spices
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheese (I use Cheddar and Jack mixed)
- Mix all ingredients together, reserving 1/3 cup of taco sauce.
- Before placing the loaf into the oven, use the reserved taco sauce to evenly coat the top.
- Cover and cook on Low for 8-10 hours. Or on High 3 1/2 -5 hours.
My other half loves meatloaf, and he really enjoyed this recipe. We'll be having it again! Summerpls