Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
My kids loved this growing up. Prep and cook times are approximate.
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/8 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 3 ounces natural colby or 3 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (3/4 cup)
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sliced pitted ripe olives (I used black)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare corn muffin mix following label directions.
- Spread batter evenly in bottom of a greased 9" pie plate.
- Bake in a preheated oven (375) for 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare ground beef with taco seasoning mix, following label directions; spoon over hot cornbread.
- Sprinkle with about half the cheese.
- Arrange lettuce, tomato, remaining cheese and the olives on top of pie.