Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
this recipe came out of the Larkin Cookbook CR-1923..excellent recipe...
- 1 cup sorghum
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 large eggs
- preheat oven to 350*.grease and flour a 9x13" baking pan.set aside.
- Mix sorghum with sugar and butter.
- sift together flour, baking soda, ginger, cloves, cinnamon and salt.
- add dry ingredients to sorghum mixture and blend well.
- add boiling water until well blended.stir in well beaten eggs --
- pour into prepareed pan and bake until top springs back when softly touched (approximately 20-25 minutes)
- let cool before removing from pan.
- makes 15-20 squares.
- this is a very thin batter.but do not add more flour.
- can also be made into layer cakes with filling between layers and on top -- .