Recipe by pies & cakes & cookies ohmy!
If you're looking for something rib-stickin', hearty, and comforting--this is it. I got this recipe from my friend Barb, when she made it for a potluck. It's definitely an all-in-one meal.
Top Review by Smilyn
These were very good! We will be making these more often. Great as leftovers too. I did think they were a tad dry, but I will cut the 15 minutes off the cooking time and I think that will help. Again, these were still very good! Thanks for the post!!
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can pork and beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown bacon, ground beef and chopped onion till beef is no longer pink. Drain well.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix sugars, ketchup, BBQ sauce, molasses, dry mustard, garlic powder and salt and pepper. Drain all beans, and add to mixture. Pour into greased casserole dish and bake for 1 hour.
- Serve with crusty bread.