In 1768, Samuel Lewis, a miller from Franklin Corners in Basking Ridge, built a water-powered grist mill and a barn on the Passaic River on land originally acquired from William Penn. Through the generations, the business evolved into a thriving inn that still reflects its historic charm. The Grain House so deeply rooted in America's past and so lovingly preserved by all its owners, offers a historic atmosphere of charm and fellowship unmatched anywhere else in New Jersey.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 48 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 16)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup walnuts, ground
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard (Coleman's preferred)
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1Place chicken in a large bowl; add buttermilk, mix gently to coat and let rest for ten minutes.
- 2Preheat oven to 350F and lightly butter two baking pans.
- 3In a medium bowl, combine next seven ingredients; mix well.
- 4Remove chicken from buttermilk; coat all sides of each chicken piece with cornmeal mixture, pressing in firmly so walnuts stick.
- 5Melt 1/4 cup butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- 6Add chicken; brown lightly on both sides.
- 7Place in prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes or until chicken is fork tender and juices run clear.
- 8While chicken is baking, combine maple syrup, butter, lemon juice, shallot, fresh tarragon and nutmeg; mix well.
- 9Cook over medium heat about 15 minutes or until reduced by half.
- 10Gradually beat in 1 1/2 cups butter with whisk.
- 11Remove from heat and beat in remaining butter.
- 12Season with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Olde Mill Inn Walnut Chicken With Maple Lemon Butter Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 792.3
- Calories from Fat 554
- Total Fat 61.5 g
- Saturated Fat 34.3 g
- Cholesterol 246.7 mg
- Sodium 965.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 39.2 g