Recipe by GourmetBob
This is a generational hand me down sauce from Italy. I got it from a nice old lady in my old neighborhood. Enjoy!
- 4 lbs medium fresh tomatoes
- 2 cups red peppers
- 1 cup red onion
- 2 1⁄2 cups diced red pear tomatoes (Italian style)
- 2 -3 fresh garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon maggi seasoning (fondor)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup italian mild light green banana pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon orange rind
Directions See How It's Made
- Cooking Directions.
- In a large pot, add all ingredients together, turn on low heat, and simmer for two full days, turning off before you go to bed.
- NEVER-NEVER Let the sauce boil !
- Stir it often….
- Its ok to let it simmer uncovered, it will get thicker this way. Stir it and trial taste as you go.
- Enjoy ! Abodanza!
- Try serving this sauce with fine spagetti , or taggetelli noodles.
- I make and serve this with thin breaded veal or chicken.
- Italian style cutlets.