Recipe by FarahC
These are soft,flavorful cheesy meatballs.
Top Review by scottyevil
These are excellent! I'm not a big fan of ground turkey, but I wanted to give these a try. I doubled the recipe and I used milk instead of water. I baked them in the oven at 350 for 25 minutes and they turned out perfectly. I made meatball sandwiches the first night, and then spaghetti with meatballs the second night with marinara sauce. These were a big hit. I will be making these again! Thanks for the great recipe!
- 1 lb ground turkey (or 1/2 lb ground italian pork sausage,and 1/2 lb ground sirloin)
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup of white unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Mix everything together, and form into golf ball size meatballs, or smaller if thats to your liking. Slowly drop meatballs into my old world Italian spaghetti sauce recipe #139406 when it reaches a slow simmer (about 1/2 hour into cooking time) Be sure to stir slowly and often so meatballs don't stick and crumble in the pot.