Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe my husband found in a Men's Health Magazine. This is a hearty sauce with lots of flavor. It takes your regular spaghetti sauce and turns it up a notch. My husband loves it!
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 (16 ounce) cans whole tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1 (16 ounce) package spaghetti, cooked as directed
- Brown the meat in a large saucepan. Drain the fat from the meat. Add the chopped onion, green pepper, and garlic to the pot and cook until tender. Pour in the mushrooms, tomatoes, sauce, and seasoning and stir everything together. Simmer for at least 30 minutes. Serve 1/2 c sauce over 1 c spaghetti.
I used about 700 g of lean ground beef. I used a jar of marinara sauce. It's a great sauce. DH raved about it. Thanks Mama Sweet Rolls :) Made for the best of 2011 tag game
This is a tasty way to liven up a jar of spaghetti sauce. I did not have mushrooms and we did not miss them. This is a good weeknight sauce for spaghetti as it does not take very long to make. Thank you for posting. Made after I adopted Mama Sweet Rolls for 2011 Fall PAC