Recipe by Mama Sweet Rolls
This is a recipe my husband found in a Men's Health Magazine. This is a hearty sauce with lots of flavor. It takes your regular spaghetti sauce and turns it up a notch. My husband loves it!
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 (16 ounce) cans whole tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1 (16 ounce) package spaghetti, cooked as directed
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the meat in a large saucepan. Drain the fat from the meat. Add the chopped onion, green pepper, and garlic to the pot and cook until tender. Pour in the mushrooms, tomatoes, sauce, and seasoning and stir everything together. Simmer for at least 30 minutes. Serve 1/2 c sauce over 1 c spaghetti.