- 3 slices bacon, diced
- 2 small potatoes, cubed
- 2 small apples, cored and cubed
- 2 lbs Polish sausage, pieces
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 54 ounces sauerkraut
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon and Polish sausage until crisp; drain.
- Add flour to drippings and blend well.
- Stir in sauerkraut; mix well.
- Place sauerkraut mixture, bacon and sausage pieces in crockpot.
- Add all other ingredients; stir together thoroughly.
- Cover and cook on Low 7 to 9 hours. (High: 3 to 4 hours).