Recipe by BakinBaby
I found this recipe years ago in a "Farm Journal's Best Ever Book". Every time I serve it, I get compliments! Quick, simple and most ingredients are on hand.
Top Review by invictus
So very good and easy to prepare. My husband asked me why I had never made this before so that is a good sign. I used boneless chicken breasts and chicken stock instead of water and boullion as that is what I prefer. I also found the sauce to be slightly thinner than I would have liked but once it did thicken upon standing and I was a happy camper!
- 2 lbs broiler-fryer chickens, cut up
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 1⁄2-3 cups hot water
- 1 cup sour cream (fat free works okay also)
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat chicken with mixture of flour, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Brown chicken in hot olive oil in skillet about 15 minutes.
- Add onion.
- Dissolve bouillon cubes in hot water; add 1/2 cup to chicken in skillet.
- (Add more as needed.) Cover and simmer over low heat 30 to 40 minutes or until tender.
- Remove to serving platter.
- Add remaining bouillon and sour cream to pan drippings.
- Stir well; heat.
- Sometimes I remove the meat from the bone and serve on top of extra wide noodles; then cover with the sour cream and bouillon gravy.